Today I went on my first longer-rish run since my half-marathon. It was only a 5 mile run, so not really “long” but relatively long for me over the past month and a half.
Before my run I had breakfast:
Then I took some front door self portraits a la Skinny Runner.
It wasn’t hot out but very muggy and I was drenched in sweat afterwards. I completed the 5 miles in about 43 minutes…pretty good for not having run more than 3 miles off and on with Mav since March 20th. When I do run with Mav, its borderline not really even running for me…he likes to trot around at about an 11-minute mile pace and if I’m not training for something I don’t mind just joggin’ it out and walking sporadically.
I also listened to a pretty awesome playlist that helped keep me going and caused me to want to break out into a spontaneous dance party in the middle of the street.
- “Where Them Girls At” by David Guetta featuring Flo Rida & Nicki Minaj
- “Written in the Stars” by Tinie Tempah
- “Till the World Ends” by Britney
- “The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga
- “Dirty Dancer” by Enrique Inglesias ft. Usher
- “Give Me Everything” by Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, and Nayer
- “Judas” by Lady Gaga
- “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
And a few hours later now I’m hungry again! Gunna have a little snack of some sort before figuring out what to have for dinner…
What are your plans for Friday?!?
Do you ever have the urge to have a spontaneous dance party in the middle of your workouts when you are listening to good music?